The problem with Recycling Coffee Pods:
- Most consumers have to separate the hot coffee grounds, the filter, the lids and the plastic in every pod, every time.
- Recycling facilities often send small items like single serve pods to landfills.
- Pods may have a mix of substances that make them impossible to recycle.
- Contamination of recyclable plastics is often a problem.
Why Compostable Pods are the Right Solution:
- No need to break apart the pod, it's bio-based with no conventional plastic.
- PURPOD100™ breaks down in as little as 5 weeks in municipal processes designed to produce high-quality compost.
- Composted pods meet or exceed soil quality and plant health certification standards.